Dutch Hortifruit Partners for India
The Dutch Hortifruit Partnership for India is a public-private partnership that offers solutions for the entire Indian Hortifruit chain. Our aim is to improve quality, increase yields and establish high levels of post-harvest handling practices. We do so through our approach that is focused on cooperation between government agencies, knowledge institutions and private enterprises. Together, we develop sustainable Hortifruit chains by offering high-quality products and services.
Examples are hands-on training, virus-free temperate fruit trees and efficient sorting and grading of fruits. These will lead to state-of-the-art, but localized, solutions for both domestic and export use. Our experienced Dutch Hortifruit suppliers are ready to forge partnerships with Indian counterparts.
Chain architecture and management
• practical, hands-on training, know how and test sites
• vocational education
• production system monitoring of the entire chain
• high quality and virus-free temperate planting material of fruit trees (apple, pear, plum and cherry)
• grafted nut trees (walnuts, chestnuts and hazelnuts)
• modern varieties of soft fruit trees (strawberry and raspberry)
• grading, cooling, sorting, storage, packaging and distribution of (hard) fruit
The Dutch Hortifruit Partners for India would very much like to engage with:
• Farmer cooperatives
• Private enterprise
• State Governments
• Central Government
• Educational Institutes
Jan Neele, Neele Consultancy & Expertise v.o.f.
Amit Parashar, Manager Dutch Horti Fruit Cluster.
T +91 9811097724
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
Department of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality
T +91 11 24 19 76 00